This is a short test to determine inherent bias and bullshit, or whether there is hope for you yet. See how you do.
1. Is the Voynich manuscript an object which was made in central Europe?
2. Explain the following detail, taken from folio 1r
3. Writing identified as being in a ‘humanist hand’ tells us …… about a text’s subject-matter? (fill in the blank)
4. Which of the following has been conclusively disproven:
* the manuscript was made in Italy
* the manuscript was made in Germany
* the manuscript was made in Spain
* the manuscript was made in Sicily
* the manuscript was made in France
* the manuscript was made in Egypt
* the manuscript was made in Syria
* the manuscript was made in southern China
* the manuscript was made in India
* the manuscript was made in the Yemen
5. Have you a theory about who wrote the manuscript?
6. What do you mean, “wrote”?
7. Which of the following make you instantly discount another person’s work:
* someone else says it’s not worth reading.
* ahistorical assertions.
* conspiracy theories.
* poor typing
* assertions that Egyptians, Gypsies, Chinese, Jews or anyone except mainstream European Christians had a critical role in the manuscript’s evolution.
* a claim that the text has now been deciphered and translated.
* mathematical or linguistic analyses whose conclusion is utterly at odds with your own theory. (if you have one).
8. Is it possible to ‘solve’ the manuscript without hard-copy texts?
9. Is this the picture of a water-lily? really?